EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY-NDSU Extension Agent
Description & Details:
Transform people’s lives. NDSU Extension empowers North Dakotans to improve their lives and communities through science-based education. Lead dynamic agriculture and natural resources Extension programs in Hettinger County, North Dakota.
· Develop, plan, deliver, facilitate, and evaluate successful, research-based educational programs in the areas of crop management, livestock management, horticulture and forestry, natural resource management, farm business management, pesticide issues and farm and ranch safety that result in positive community impacts. Listen to clientele, build networks to assess locals needs and collaborate with communities of people.
· Reach youth and adult audiences. Be a voice in mass and social media outreach.
· Provide leadership of Hettinger County 4-H program including the development of 4-H volunteers.
· Willing and able to travel and adjust to a flexible schedule (i.e., participate in evening and weekend programs).
- Monday through Friday
- 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
- Some weekend and evening work required
- Commensurate with qualifications and experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in agronomy, agricultural economics, animal science, crop science, production agriculture, agribusiness, agriculture communication; or a bachelor’s degree with related agriculture experience; or a bachelor’s degree with an agriculturally related master’s degree.
2. Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners, and stakeholders.
3. Basic computer skills and ability to use Microsoft office programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
4. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with individuals, groups and through mass media.
5. Ability to conduct oneself professionally, be self-directed in the work environment and work flexible and extended hours.
6. Ability to use technology for communication, information finding, program delivery, and reporting.
7. Familiarity with various ethnic and socioeconomic audiences, an interest and ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
8. Valid driver’s license.
1. Master’s degree in agronomy, agricultural economics, crop science, production agriculture, agribusiness, education, or other related discipline.
2. Experience recruiting and managing volunteers.
3. Experience in designing and delivering educational programs.
4. Recent Extension work experience.
5. Working knowledge of and experience with 4-H and/or other youth programs.
6. Demonstrated experience in local cropping and farming practices, or knowledge of agriculture issues in southwestern North Dakota.
7. Experience with problem solving and conflict management.
Applicant Materials Required:
- Cover letter including how you may meet any or all minimum and preferred qualifications.
- Unofficial transcripts
- Include three professional references in application reference section
- Screening will begin 11/17/23 and continue until filled
NDSU offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes single or family health insurance coverage with premiums paid for by the university – with an effective date for new employees the first of the month following date of hire. Other benefits include: wellness benefits, basic life insurance, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual leave, EAP, sick leave and holiday pay. Optional benefits include: supplemental life, dental, vision, long-term care insurance, flexible spending account, and supplemental retirement plans.